Moving forward with sustainable development practices
Renewable energy and eco-smart design are wise investments
Sustainable development and construction methods are important to the future of Jamaica and The Club at Reading Heights. We’re leading the way with our eco-smart showcase homes and the community’s Clubhouse, built at a cost of over USD $2m.
The show homes and The Clubhouse were built to demonstrate the benefits of sustainable practices and renewable energy, including:
- Windows positioned to capture sea breezes and provide natural light
- Solar generated electricity and hot water
- Cisterns for rainwater collection for use in gardens and toilet, also reducing storm water run off
- Thermal barrier roofs
- Roof and window construction that offer years of minimal maintenance
- Energy and water-efficient appliances and fixtures.
- Tertiary sewage treatment systems to protect the environment and provide water clean enough for irrigation
Ask about our Eco-Smart Incentive Programme. These practices protect Jamaica’s precious environment for future generations and save homeowners money. Be wise. Be eco-smart!